Website of the India Development Gateway(http://www.indg.in) keeps an external hyper link to w3Tamil.com in some of it's web pages to give the Tamil typing assistance to it's users.
You can visit those web pages by clicking here.
India Development Gateway is an initiative of Department of Information Technology (DIT), Govt.of India.
March 11, 2009
w3Tamil.com has been working to provide information and tools to the newcomers of the Tamil Computing/Internet. As a part of the objective, we decided to release a free simple online learning tool to demonstrate about Tamil Keyboard Layouts. Finally, w3Tamil Web Keyboard project (w3TamilWK) was officially started on 1st November, 2006 by w3Tamil.com.
We have been upgrading our simple web application since 2006 very slowly. By this blog post, we are glad to share some of our important mile stones related the w3tamil.com.
- w3TamilWK (v1.0 Beta) launched on 01st November, 2006.
- w3Tamil Search (v1.0 Beta) service launched on 06th November, 2006.
- w3TamilWK (v1.1 Beta) released on 01st January, 2007.
- w3TamilWK (v1.2 Beta) released on 15th January, 2008.
- First w3Tamil Word Processing Tutorial posted on 12th April, 2008.
- w3TamilWK completly rewritten in May 2008 for the Beta Version 2.0.
- Facebook application of the w3TamilWK released in November, 2008.
- Redesigned w3Tamil Web Keyboard & Search sites released on 10th March, 2009.
We are expecting your valuable suggestions and comments to improve our services.